Thursday, August 4, 2011

I absolutely love my job. Eric and I have owned a Home Decor business for many years now and it truly is such a blessing in my life. I remember sitting in a General Relief Society meeting where President Uchtdorf gave the most inspiring talk about creating. He talked about how our Father In Heaven is a creator and how we have inherited that from him. Well, creating is one of my favorite things. I am very blessed to do it everyday! As we have taught classes and shared what we do over the years, it is amazing to me how much other women love to create also. Pretty Cool!!
Because this is such a big part of my life, I decided I would share some of my favorite things on our family blog. Our business blog is full of them, but here are some of my favorites! One of my favorite things, is taking an old piece of furniture and refurbishing it. We found this old headboard at a thrift store for $5.00 and turned it into a bench. It is in my front room and I LOVE IT! We also found this awesome rocking chair for $20.00. I brought it home, sanded it down and painted it black. Of course I distressed it and added some funky marks in it (love the character) and put it in our bedroom. I love rocking in it. I love placing quilts and quilted runners on it that match the seasons.
Thanks for letting me share!

No comments:

Post a Comment